Super Eagles’ goalkeeper coach, Alloy Agu has revealed that efforts are already ongoing to bring in new goalkeepers by scouting “both home and abroad” to bolster the team.
Agu made this known while responding to questions on Nigeria’s challenge with finding a formidable goaltender since the exit of Carl Ikeme and the inconsistency with the three goalkeepers selected for the AFCON 2019.
“A lot has been said about that department and it has also lived up to expectations. Before I took up the Eagles’ job, Enyeama was the fourth choice goalkeeper of the team,” Agu told footballlive.ng.
In his statement obtained, Agu furthered as thus; “Enyeamabecame the first choice under my watch. He has a record since the inception of our World Cup campaign that none after him, has been able to break until date. When Enyeama left the scene, I brought in Carl Ikeme. Ikeme did so well for Nigeria, that goalkeeping position was solidified until he became ill, and I had to bring in the same Daniel Akpeyi.
“At one time, we played against Algeria in the World Cup qualifiers, the same Akpeyi rescued us and we beat the Algerian team that was number one in Africa at the time.
“So, this is the situation we’re working with now and I can tell you categorically that, I have embarked with the scouting team, on a search within and outside Nigeria to make sure that we get reliable hands who can solidify that goalkeeping position in the Super Eagles.”
You may have missed:-
You might like also:-
- 28 Year-Old Becomes Richest Man In Nigeria Making Money Online
- How to connect WhatsApp with your computer “Easily”(Programmed by Worlddraft Blog)
- OFFICE ASSISTANT (Mark Angel Comedy Episode 259)
- GO HOME (Mark Angel Comedy Episode 258)
- DJ Jaysix – Best Of RnB Mix 2020
- Legit Business: Earn $2000 daily (see how to do it)
- Exclusive Report: An Ordinary Guy From Lagos Earns $2000 daily (See his business)
- Trump, Buhari exchange views on how to combat COVID-19
- (Video) Fire outbreak at NNPC College Road Ogba Lagos
- DOWNLOAD Karima – Super (VIDEO)