President Buhari recently promotes new army chiefs.
There are indications that Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, the current Chief of Army Staff, may be sacked as the Chief of Army Staff of the Nigerian Army.
A statement issued on Tuesday, July 9, by Colonel Sagir Musa, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, says the President has promoted Major General LO Adeosun, the Chief of Training and Operations at Army Headquarters, to the rank of Lieutenant-General.
Although the statement obtained by Worlddraft Blog, did not state if Adeosun is to replace Buratai, a quick check, however, shows that his new position (Lieutenant General) in the Nigerian Army is the same rank with that of Buratai who is the Army Chief.
While some news platforms claim Buratai has been sacked by Buhari, the statement, however, quoted Buratai to have felicitated with the newly promoted Adeosun, extending his best wishes to him in all his future endeavours.
The statement also said President Buhari promoted Brigadier General AB Biu, General Officer Commanding 7 Division and Commander Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE Maiduguri, to the rank of Major General. Also, promoted to the rank of Captain is Lieutenant AJ Danjibrin of 211 Demonstration Battalion Bauchi.
Read the full statement below…
The present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has continued to demonstrate total and unflinching support to the Armed Forces of Nigeria in the bid to effectively contain the security situation in the country especially activities of terrorists in the North East.
In particular, the government has shown commitment to recognizing excellence, dedication and commitment on the part of personnel of the Nigerian Army. It is in this wise that the President, Commander – in – Chief, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the accelerated promotion of two senior officers and a subaltern of the Nigerian Army. The officers are granted promotion for their extra-ordinary feats, courage, examplary leadership, loyalty, uncommon commitment and valour in the counter insurgency operation in the North Eastern part of the country.
The two senior officers are Major General LO Adeosun, the Chief of Training and Operations at Army Headquarters who has been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General and Brigadier General AB Biu, General Officer Commanding 7 Division and Commander Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE Maiduguri, promoted to the rank of Major General. Also, promoted to the rank of Captain is Lieutenant AJ Danjibrin of 211 Demonstration Battalion Bauchi.
The President, Commander – in – Chief of the Armed Forces, of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has conveyed his personal congratulations to the promoted officers and charged them to continue to be shining examples to their colleagues.
Similarly, the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai, on behalf of officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army felicitate with the newly promoted officers and extends his best wishes to them in all their future endeavours.
Acting Director Army Public Relations
You may have missed:-
You may also like:-
- BREAKING: Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu is dead, Sanwo-Olu Grieves
- These Are the Victims of the Santa Cruz Diving Boat Fire
- Horrific! Student Breaks Both Legs After Falling 80ft Attempting Extreme Balcony Yoga Pose
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire. Climate scientists fear a tipping point is near
- Portion of 2 Freeway remains closed as crews battle Eagle Rock brush fire
- How Nigerian soldiers killed police officers, set me free — Wadume (Watch Video)
- Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Delta State After Refusing To Sacrifice Mother (Video)
- Nigerian Doctor Dies While Trying To Save Electrocuted Neighbour In Lagos
- Ogun Masquerade Set On Fire At Ojude Oba… See What Happened After [WATCH VIDEO]
- OH NOT AGAIN! Four Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Attack In Borno
- Gunman Killed After Fatally Shooting Officer in Highway Shootout Caught on Video
- Not Again! University Graduate SHOT DEAD In Renewed Cult Clash In Calabar [GRAPHIC PHOTOS]
- Woman Died Saving Her Infant Son in El Paso Walmart Shooting
- Fight Against Boko Haram: Buhari Considers The Use Of New Technologies
- US Intelligence Chief Dan Coats Leaves Trump Administration
- Chimamanda Adichie In Meghan Markle’s ‘Forces For Change’ Vogue list
- Trump Attacks Cummings, Says Rep’s District Is Disgusting, Rodent-Infested
- A 13-Year-Old Pupil Found Dead In Edo State