President Buhari recently promotes new army chiefs.
There are indications that Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, the current Chief of Army Staff, may be sacked as the Chief of Army Staff of the Nigerian Army.
A statement issued on Tuesday, July 9, by Colonel Sagir Musa, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, says the President has promoted Major General LO Adeosun, the Chief of Training and Operations at Army Headquarters, to the rank of Lieutenant-General.
Although the statement obtained by Worlddraft Blog, did not state if Adeosun is to replace Buratai, a quick check, however, shows that his new position (Lieutenant General) in the Nigerian Army is the same rank with that of Buratai who is the Army Chief.
While some news platforms claim Buratai has been sacked by Buhari, the statement, however, quoted Buratai to have felicitated with the newly promoted Adeosun, extending his best wishes to him in all his future endeavours.
The statement also said President Buhari promoted Brigadier General AB Biu, General Officer Commanding 7 Division and Commander Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE Maiduguri, to the rank of Major General. Also, promoted to the rank of Captain is Lieutenant AJ Danjibrin of 211 Demonstration Battalion Bauchi.
Read the full statement below…
The present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has continued to demonstrate total and unflinching support to the Armed Forces of Nigeria in the bid to effectively contain the security situation in the country especially activities of terrorists in the North East.
In particular, the government has shown commitment to recognizing excellence, dedication and commitment on the part of personnel of the Nigerian Army. It is in this wise that the President, Commander – in – Chief, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the accelerated promotion of two senior officers and a subaltern of the Nigerian Army. The officers are granted promotion for their extra-ordinary feats, courage, examplary leadership, loyalty, uncommon commitment and valour in the counter insurgency operation in the North Eastern part of the country.
The two senior officers are Major General LO Adeosun, the Chief of Training and Operations at Army Headquarters who has been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General and Brigadier General AB Biu, General Officer Commanding 7 Division and Commander Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE Maiduguri, promoted to the rank of Major General. Also, promoted to the rank of Captain is Lieutenant AJ Danjibrin of 211 Demonstration Battalion Bauchi.
The President, Commander – in – Chief of the Armed Forces, of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has conveyed his personal congratulations to the promoted officers and charged them to continue to be shining examples to their colleagues.
Similarly, the Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai, on behalf of officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army felicitate with the newly promoted officers and extends his best wishes to them in all their future endeavours.
Acting Director Army Public Relations
You may have missed:-
You may also like:-
- Trump, Buhari exchange views on how to combat COVID-19
- (Video) Fire outbreak at NNPC College Road Ogba Lagos
- Mr P – “Too Late” Download (Music)
- ISIS: US Troops Kill Baghdadi’s Top Replacement – Trump
- [Music] Wizkid – Joro
- Impeachment could lead to a first in the 2020 election
- THE HIDDEN SIN SEASON 1 – (New Movie) 2019 Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movie Full HD | Watch And Download
- Nigerians To Start Paying Charges On Bank Deposits In 2019
- US government is suing Edward Snowden over his new memoir ‘Permanent Record’
- How Nigerian soldiers killed police officers, set me free — Wadume (Watch Video)
- American Woman Found Dead in Canada With Her Australian Boyfriend
- U.S. rapper A$AP Rocky to remain in Swedish custody, Trump plans to intervene
- Video: Bonilla Held: Man Cuts off Wife’s lowers penis and flees with it
- Tidinz x Zoro – “Nkpofe” (music) Download
- Breaking: Obasanjo Bombs President Buhari In Another Open Letter (Full Text)
- Thanks Giving To The Lord (Worlddraft Blog) has been launched – worlddraft.net
- Afcon 2019: Super Eagles Beat South Africa, Reach Last Four
- Buratai May Be Sacked As Buhari Promotes New Army Chiefs