In line with directives from the United States President Donald Trump administration, the deportation of undocumented migrants will begin after July 4.
“We will be removing large numbers of people starting sometime after July 4,” Trump said, noting that the deportations would begin “unless we do something pretty miraculous.”
The operation is expected to affect up to 2,000 families facing deportation orders in as many as 10 US cities, including Houston, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles,according to reports in the US media.
A spokesman for the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement declined to comment, saying, “due to law-enforcement sensitivities and the safety and security of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel, the agency will not offer specific details related to enforcement operations before the conclusion of those actions.”
President Trump had threatened to unleash Immigration and Customs Enforcementagents in two weeks if Democrats do not submit to changes in the asylum law that they have long opposed.
The Acting Director of ICE, Mark Morgan, said the agency would target for deportation families that have received a removal order from a US immigration court.
Morgan said ICE wanted to deport undocumented families who had recently arrived in the US to discourage more Central Americans from arriving.
In 2017, about 100 Ghanaians were deported from the US for various immigration offenses such abuse of the terms of their visas and engaging in illegal employment.
It will be recalled that the then US ambassador to Ghana, Robert Jackson, revealed that the Trump administration would deport over 7,000 Ghanaians who have abused the terms of their visas.
At the time, he said the Ghanaians were at different stages of the deportation process.
“In fact, about 7,000 of them are currently at different stages of the deportation process. And we are not apologetic about that,” he said.
Be updated in latest news and more by subscribe below:-
You may have missed:-
- Small Doctor, a Popular musician, 3 others arrested for alleged possession of firearm
- [Music] Wizkid – Joro
- Yoruba and Benin Kingdom: Ile Ife The Final Resting Place of History
- Wizkid defends his fans when giant bodyguard hit them at his show check
- Why Buhari Will Not Rig Election – BMO
- While Yar’Adua was in Saudi Arabia, we changed meeting venues to avoid intimidation by cabal –Abaribe
- Video: Bonilla Held: Man Cuts off Wife’s lowers penis and flees with it
- US government is suing Edward Snowden over his new memoir ‘Permanent Record’
- UPDATED: Super Eagles Qualify For 2019 AFCON
- U.S. rapper A$AP Rocky to remain in Swedish custody, Trump plans to intervene
- Trump, Buhari exchange views on how to combat COVID-19
- Tidinz x Zoro – “Nkpofe” (music) Download
- THE HIDDEN SIN SEASON 1 – (New Movie) 2019 Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movie Full HD | Watch And Download
- The best five 5 ways to easily buy bitcoin with credit card
- Thanks Giving To The Lord (Worlddraft Blog) has been launched – worlddraft.net