The Court of Appeal sitting in Benin, Edo State, has struck out appeals by Senator Ovie Omo-Agege and Rev. Francis Waive, seeking the leave of court to challenge the judgement of the Federal High Court, Asaba, which nullified their elections.
Worlddraft Blog recalls that a Federal High Court Judgement had sacked the Prophet Jones Erue-led faction of the Delta State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
See relatedAPC To Sue INEC Over Zamfara Ban
Justice Philomena Mbua Ekpe in her ruling dismissed both applications for lacking in merit and fined them N300,000 each.
The court held that the plaintiffs could not claim to be unaware of the case thus could not seek to be joined or challenged the judgement, at this moment.
Omo-Agage and Waive have to wait for the party at the National level who are party to the case to appeal the judgement.
Do you want to get notified latest news? Do you want to get updated about Nigerian latest news and be the first to read? quickly subscribe to Worlddraft Blog below:-
You may have missed
- Nigerians To Start Paying Charges On Bank Deposits In 2019
- How Nigerian soldiers killed police officers, set me free — Wadume (Watch Video)
- 2000 Ghanian Families To Be Deported By US
- European Parliament passes controversial ‘Article 13’ Internet copyright bill
- Mueller report: Why so many of President Donald Trump’s aides lied to protect him in Russia investigations