The boss confirmed the unfortunate news after the Lakers were beaten by the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night.
Ball has been out for 11 games after suffering an injury against the Houston Rockets.
The point guard went down with a grade three left ankle sprain and was originally set to miss four to six weeks.
It was reported that Ball had a bone bruise in the ankle, and he is now further away from a return.Walton confirmed that he was still in communication with the 21-year-old, who is receiving rehabilitation in Los Angeles.
However, he admitted that he had no idea when the star will be back.
Ball has been sorely missed, and the Lakers have won just four times since he was injured, losing nine games.
Lonzo Ball suffered injury against the Houston Rockets (Image: GETTY)
Lonzo Ball might not return this season (Image: GETTY)
“Nope, they haven’t given me a date,” Walton said.
“They just said they are working with him and they’ll let me know.
“I like staying in communication with the guys, so I check in with him just make sure to see how he’s doing.
“I ask about whatever, where his mind is at and those type of things.
Lonzo Ball has been out for more than a month now (Image: GETTY)
“But we don’t speak daily, no.”
The Lakers currently have a roster spot open, and have been linked with moves for free agent Carmelo Anthony and DeAndre Jordan from the New York Knicks, if the latter can organise a buyout with the organisation.
And Walton hinted that there has been no major update on either move, and suggested that he is leaving it up to president of basketball operations Magic Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka.
“I’ve had conversations with them about a lot of things, but they’re looking to see how they can help improve the team with that last spot,” Walton continued.
“But no decision from what I’ve been told so far on what that’ll be.”
Do not let our latest news gone without you views just subscribe below:-
You may have missed
- LA LIGA!! Barcelona Boss Valverde Speaks On Lionel Messi Missing The El Clasico
- Real Madrid Sack Coach Lopetegu
- Lacazette Salvages Arsenal’s Unbeaten Run, Halts Liverpool’s Title Charge
- England Avenge World Cup Defeat, Beat Croatia To Reach Nations League Final Four
- UPDATED: Super Eagles Qualify For 2019 AFCON
- Shocker: Thieves Invade Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel In Lagos, Disappear With All His Medals
- Chelsea Might Sign Coutinho If Hazard Goes To Real Madrid
- Bucks acquire Nikola Mirotic from Pelicans as part of 3-team trade