For the first time since 2003, President Muhammadu Buhari has won Nasarawa state, defeating his counterpart, Atiku Abubakar by 37,896 votes.
Worlddraft Blog reports that Buhari won in eight local governments areas in the state while Atiku won in five local governments.
History reveals that this is the first time the Peoples Democratic Party has lost Nasarawa state in a presidential election since then return to democracy in 1999.
Subscribe by placing your Email Address in field below so that you we always receive notification of latest news post.
The president got his highest number of votes in Lafia, the state capital, where he polled 55,254, while Atiku got his highest votes in Karu local government after polling 49,292.
You may have missed
- Kaduna killings: Ex Plateau Governor,Sen. Joshua Dariye, Co-Sponsors Motion From Prison
- Pictures: President Buhari Commissions 500 Seater Lagos Theatre
- Election Results: Sen. Boroffice Reveals Why APC Lost In Ondo State
- Buhari Finally Wins Nasarawa State For The First Time
- Flashback: How Prophet Temitope Aduroja Predicted Postponement Of 2019 Elections
- President Buhari Deeply Disappointed By INEC, Flies Back To Abuja After Election Postponement
- Buhari Goofs Again, Calls Ogboru “Presidential Candidate” (Video)