A Special Adviser to Delta state Governor, Ngozi Ijei was murdered dead last night in Ekpan, Uvwie local government of the state
Ijei was reportedly actively involved in the political unrest in the area since the last ten years, and his death has reportedly led to fear and tension in the area.
There is fear of a reprisal attack as youths were reportedly making moves to attack perceived enemies of the deceased and burn down their properties.
Ngozi who was standing trial for several crimes, including murder, was appointed by Okowa in 2016 after he was controversially released from prison.
His murder last night was the latest in a bloody chapter which has seen a spike in insecurity in Ekpan and Jakpa Road areas of Uvwie LGA.
It would be recalled that at least six persons were killed in the area in the last couple of weeks in the latest upsurge of violence before the botched February 16 general elections.
Uvwie is usually a hotbed of crisis since 2003, because of the usual contending political forces and interests of key players in the Urhobo community.
Ah, so petty! you must talk to this, click here to drop your comment
- BREAKING: Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu is dead, Sanwo-Olu Grieves
- These Are the Victims of the Santa Cruz Diving Boat Fire
- Horrific! Student Breaks Both Legs After Falling 80ft Attempting Extreme Balcony Yoga Pose
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire. Climate scientists fear a tipping point is near
- Portion of 2 Freeway remains closed as crews battle Eagle Rock brush fire