Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that he rejected the chance to join Real Madrid many times, while he was still with the Gunners.
The Frenchman spent over two decades with at Arsenal and led the club to three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups.
Wenger was repeatedly coveted by Real, but he says he could not walk away from the project at Arsenal.
“I turned Real Madrid down more than once but now I must say it’s over for me.
“I feel if you ask any manager in the world: “Are you interested?” and everybody would say: “Yes!”. It’s the biggest club in the world.
“We live always to our values. It was in the middle of a process.
“We rebuilt the stadium, we had to pay it back, I guaranteed I would stay and I’m quite happy with my decision,’ Wenger told beIN SPORTS
i seems you have something in you to say, just click here to drop your comment
You may have missed
- LA LIGA!! Barcelona Boss Valverde Speaks On Lionel Messi Missing The El Clasico
- Real Madrid Sack Coach Lopetegu
- Lacazette Salvages Arsenal’s Unbeaten Run, Halts Liverpool’s Title Charge
- England Avenge World Cup Defeat, Beat Croatia To Reach Nations League Final Four
- UPDATED: Super Eagles Qualify For 2019 AFCON