Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) situated at the Teachers village camp in Maiduguri have taken to the streets of the Borno State capital to protest over lack of food Worlddraft understands
The IDPs who are majorly women and children from Kukawa and Guzamala local government areas of the state took to the streets of Maiduguri to protest the poor welfare system in their camps.
The Protesters who spiled onto Mala Kachala bypass and Bukumkutu Roundabout, where they were accosted by Police officers who tear-gassed them.
One of the IDPs said: “We are hungry; our children are seriously hungry,” she said. “Thirty persons share a bag of rice. We are in need of foodstuffs; please tell them to bring for us.”
Let people hear from you just go down and drop your comment
You may have missed
- Kaduna killings: Ex Plateau Governor,Sen. Joshua Dariye, Co-Sponsors Motion From Prison
- Pictures: President Buhari Commissions 500 Seater Lagos Theatre
- Election Results: Sen. Boroffice Reveals Why APC Lost In Ondo State
- Buhari Finally Wins Nasarawa State For The First Time
- Flashback: How Prophet Temitope Aduroja Predicted Postponement Of 2019 Elections