Atiku Asks Buhari To Stop Interference In CJN, Onnoghen And Country’s Judiciary
Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has expressed suspicion for President Muhammadu Buhari over the “attempt to force” of Walter Onnoghen, chief justice of Nigeria (CJN), out of office.
He said this in response to the six-count non-declaration of assets. charges filed against Onnoghen at the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) which is slated to commence on Monday, January 2014,Worlddraft reports.
Reacting in a statement, Atiku said the move against Onnoghen fuels his suspicion of President Muhammadu Buhari’s “growing desperation” concerning the forthcoming elections.
He added that if Onnoghen is found guilty, he should be tried by a competent court of law and not by Buhari’s administration.
“I have received the news of the sudden charges about to be filed against the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, with apprehension and suspicion especially as such a move against the head of an arm of our government is coming so close to an election in preparation of which the Buhari administration has shown growing desperation,” he said.
“My suspicions are further exacerbated by the fact that the Buhari government is pressuring an independent and self governing arm of government with the aim of getting CJN Walter Onnoghen to resign or be pushed aside.
“I stand on the side of the rule of law and believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty.
“If Justice Walter Onnoghen is guilty of the charges about to be preferred against him, let his guilt be determined by a competent court of law and not by the Buhari administration. The executive cannot usurp the role of the judiciary. Nigeria is still a democracy and not a fascist dictatorship as President Buhari may wish.
“Any attempt to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate his office, 4 weeks to an election for which the unpopular Buhari administration has shown every intention to manipulate, is a move pregnant with negative meaning.
“I see no reason whatsoever for the ongoing pressure by the Buhari government to force Justice Walter Onnoghen to vacate office when he has not been convicted for any offence.
The PDP candidate called on the president to abide by the rule of law and stop his interference in the case against the CJN.
“I therefore call on the President to respect the principle of separation of powers and abide by the rule of law on this matter and stop any interference or pressure on Justice Walter Onnoghen or the judiciary and allow the law and the constitution take its full course.
- DJ Jaysix – Best Of RnB Mix 2020
- Legit Business: Earn $2000 daily (see how to do it)
- Exclusive Report: An Ordinary Guy From Lagos Earns $2000 daily (See his business)
- Trump, Buhari exchange views on how to combat COVID-19
- (Video) Fire outbreak at NNPC College Road Ogba Lagos
- DOWNLOAD Karima – Super (VIDEO)
- HOUSE HELPS (Mark Angel Comedy Episode 257)
- NATIONAL LOCK DOWN (Mark Angel Comedy Episode 256) Download
- Download HUSTLE – Mark Angel Comedy ft YAWA
- Download Skales x Wizkid – “Sativa”
- Newtown HS Wins Football State Title on Sandy Hook Anniversary
- Download Christmas gift – Mark Angel Comedy episode 239
- Download Prince Omar Ft. Daddy Andre – Pull Over
- Download: Partynextdoor – Loyal (Ft. Drake) Instrumental
- Download PARTYNEXTDOOR – Loyal ft. Drake
- Download Roddy Ricch – Tip Toe ft. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
- Download Davido – Risky ft. Popcaan
- Download | POLICE OFFICER Part 6 (Mark Angel Comedy Episode 238)
- JAMB Registration 2019/2020 Form, Exam & Closing Date Announced
- Download Blac Youngsta – Shake It ft. Ty Dolla $ign & Chris Brown
- Download Rittz – Twin Lakes
- Vector – Your Biology is Sending You To Hell: Pain & Depression “Download”
- La Liga: Seasons highest goal scorers unveiled
- EPL: Ljungberg under fire for team selection in Arsenal’s 2-2 draw with Norwich
- Download music : Reekado Banks – “Put In Pressure” (Prod. Kel-P)